Hi, I’m Barry Pearman
My deep passion is to empower people with Mental Illnesses to find recovery and hope.
Is that you?
Maybe it’s someone you care about?
In former years I have had roles as a Mental Health Support Worker and then as a Community Chaplain pastoring people with Major Mental Illnesses.
As a Community Chaplain, I with a great bunch of volunteers developed a Church service and community for people with diverse Mental Health struggles such as Anxiety, Depression, Psychosis, Bi-Polar, Addictions.
We named it ‘The Living Room’ and it was a place where ‘Everybody was somebody and Jesus Christ is Lord’.
People were empowered to take up roles such as preaching and leading.
Lives were changed and a community was formed where according to the then Senior Pastor that if Jesus was to attend a service at the church he would come to the ‘Living Room’.
Lots of challenges and lessons learned that I want to share here on Turning the Page.
Some of the training I have done
- SoulCare Foundations 101; 201; 301; 401 Christian Courses.com Dr. Larry Crabb
- Bachelor of Applied Theology – Carey Baptist College
- Advanced School of Spiritual Direction – New Way Ministries (Colorado Springs) Dr. Larry Crabb
- School of Spiritual Direction – New Way Ministries (Colorado Springs) Dr. Larry Crabb
- Certificate in Pastoral Therapy – Living Wisdom School of Counselling
- Certificate in CBT Interventions in Mental Health Care – Auckland Institute of Cognitive Behavioural Therapies
- Certificate in Integrated Mental Health Care – Commend
- Certificate in Mental Health Work – Auckland Institute of Technology
My Top 5 Posts
- 6 Things That I Have Noticed About People Who Change and Recover From Mental Illness
- 6 Keys To Helping Someone Who Is Suicidal
- It’s time to ‘Give it a rest’?
- Sheep, habits and walking down the right path
- 7 Steps to help those who ruminate
Perhaps I can help you?
Ask me a question