- What I focus on gets me. Focus on the negatives/ challenges will always take me down. Focus on the positive/ good things will always give me hope.
- The thoughts I indulge grow stronger. The thoughts I acknowledge and put in their place lose their power to discourage me.
- No mood can resist the right truth at the right time.
3 Ways in which the Bible helps my Mental Health
1. The Bible Connects me with the stories of People like myself.
The Bible is full of stories of people going about their everyday life and encountering God. None of them were perfect, just like me, but their stories are all part of God’s story. From their stories, I learn wisdom and find hope.
2. The Bible Connects me with a timeless wisdom
Proverbs has many little thoughts that are just as applicable to today as when they were written thousands of years ago. Take this one as an example
Spouting off before listening to the facts
is both shameful and foolish. Proverbs 18:13
3. The Bible Connects me with something bigger than myself
From Genesis to Revelation there is a large meta-story that is being played out. I am part of it.
You won’t find my name there, but I am part of this story. God has plans for us and as I read the Bible I can feel swept up in this blockbuster epic.
Here is a challenge.
- Write it down on a card small enough that you can keep in a pocket or your wallet/ purse.
- Place it in your pocket or wallet/ purse!
- Read the verse each time you have something to eat or drink. That little verse can be food for your soul.
- Drop me an email or leave a comment below as to how this worked for you.
Questions to consider and leave a comment or send me an email (use form in right hand side bar).
- What challenges do you have to overcome to read the Bible on a consistent basis?
- What scriptures help you with your Mental Health?